Sleep apnea is a medical term which is generally known to the mass as a sleep disorder. According to the medical practitioners it is abnormal pauses of breathing while you are sleeping. Each pause is known as apnea. It lasts for seconds to few minutes. It can occur 30 times in an hour. Medical experts have proved after several researches that sleep apnea can be of three kinds- central, obstructive and complex sleep apnea. It has very dangerous and severe impact upon the human body. Sometimes extreme apnea can even cause death.
Adverse effects of Sleep Apnea
• Decreases the oxygen level in blood cells. During such disorder, the oxygen level gets decreased in blood and the carbon dioxide gradually increases. Low oxygen level in the blood affects the brain cells and memory losses become the major side effect.
• Diabetes Mellitus gets developed. Regular sleep apnea can cause high diabetes. Scientists have proved that it increases the glucose and insulin level in blood.
• Disturbed sleep at night causes fatigue as well as sleepiness. Alertness and function of a normal brain gets disturbed.
• Sleep apnea at a regular basis depletes blood oxygen and blocks the blood vessels of human brain and causes headache or migraine.
• Obesity is one of the major causes of sleep apnea. Due to hormonal imbalance one gains abnormal weight.
• Snoring is the main indication of sleep apnea. Obstruction within the nostrils or in somewhere in the air pipe, causes snoring. Often people ignore it, however; it can have a harmful effect on your body.
• It also increases nighttime urination. Lack of oxygen increases the pressure of heart and results excess of fluid.
• Hyper tension is the first side effect of sleep disorder.
These side effects are sometimes very deadly. Even sleep apnea can bring cardiac attacks. Major attacks often ends your life. Therefore, consult expert medical professionals if you notice any of the above-mentioned symptoms.